Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this idea from a video on YouTube by swingguitar1950. Personally, I like the shape of mine a little more than his. But I loved his idea. So I drew my own curves and went to work on it. Thanks to YouTube's swingguitar1950.

These are cut from mahogany and finished with 5-6 applications of BLO.

Drilling the holes.

Handheld power drill Mortiser Tool Machine tool Wood

There's my pattern.

Wood Hardwood Games woodworking

Cut and sanded.

Wood Table Furniture Plywood woodworking

Oiled.

Sculpture Wood Art Carving woodworking

The tubes will be used without the caps (or the small gum balls). These are meant to each hold a single rose (or whatever flower one wants) with a little water in the tube.

Wood Bottle Glass bottle Drink Glass

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice man. A great gift idea that I am personally going to steel.:yes::laughing:
Heck, if I can steal the idea so can you ;)

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I truly appreciate the kind words, guys. This is one of those things I made with gidting in mind bit, my wife loves them so much that we'll likely be keeping this set. She even mentioned wanting me to make a shelf to display them on. It's funny how she falls in love everything I make :laughing:

Levi: I'll added you to my gift list AFTER you come do some of your amazing trim and built-in work at my house. And if you allow me to take the credit you'll get 2 gifts each year! :thumbsup:

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Levi: I'll added you to my gift list AFTER you come do some of your amazing trim and built-in work at my house. And if you allow me to take the credit you'll get 2 gifts each year! :thumbsup:
Done deal.

Wait.... where do you live? lol I guess there's probably not many places with worse winters than Saskatchewan.... probably a safe bet to say it's warmer where you are. hahaha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts