Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been focused on a long project (that should be done soon) and haven’t had much time for anything else. Today though, I suddenly thought of an easy solution for cleaning the paint can rims. No matter how hard I try I always seem to be chasing that last little bit of paint around and around the rim.

Now I KNOW this has to have been done before, but I suddenly thought of a solution, and of course, I had to make a video of it. Because that’s what I do :)

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
That's not bad unless you are using a paint that would liquefy the sticky on the tape.

I never could see the round paint cans. You usually end up pouring about as much paint on the table as you get in a sprayer.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I will be painting my shop floor today and ill give these tips some use. I like the tape solution and I dont know why i never thought of the poke a hole solution before. Some ideas are so simple and easy I think my brain gets in the way of me seeing them, thanks guys.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You can also get these with a little spout formed in it.
Im glad you said that as Im gone run to the hardware store and see if they have any. Painting the floor its easiest just to pour small puddles of paint out and roller it from there. A spout would come in very handy.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Im glad you said that as Im gone run to the hardware store and see if they have any. Painting the floor its easiest just to pour small puddles of paint out and roller it from there. A spout would come in very handy.

You can also buy what amounts to an entire lid with a spout built in.

George

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
There is a silicon ring that fits in the groove and keeps paint out. I think Woodcraft carries it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You can also buy what amounts to an entire lid with a spout built in.

George
The only thing my local hardware stores carry were the flat hat brim style and they worked very well. I also used Pauls tip and taped the sections the EZpour didnt cover. I managed to break two roller extensions but my paint can didnt have any paint in the top groove, LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts