Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden my P-C 332 ROS has developed a vibration that cuases it to jump around on the surface while sanding. It comes and goes. Don't matter if I press hard or normal, it still vibrates. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
803 Posts
My Bosch died the same agonizing death. Turn out the bolt holding the pad to the osilating unit failed due to use and dust.

Let's face it...tools just ain't made to hold up anymore.:no:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is it a hook and loop pad or sticky-back? I've converted a few of mine over to sticky-back and have that problem because I'm not using dust collection on them. I keep telling myself to buy or build a downdraft table, I think that would solve the problem, but I've been a bit lazy.

I've had the pads fall off several times. Right before they fail the thing gets very jumpy. You can either replace the pad, or do what I do the first time that happens, just drill three new holes and remount the pad. If you need to replace the pad, I've found that the Dewalt store has them for about 18 bucks, half of what the online price seems to be.

I really like the Porter Cable 33 series sanders. I have several that are over a year old and are used daily. Until recently a sander in my shop might be used six or seven hours a day for a week or more at a time. The only sander I prefer more is a Dynabrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it apart today, everything was tight. I should add that the pad is a sticky back replacement coz the bolts loosened on the original pad and ate the mounting holes out of it. The original pad didn't have any vibrations till the pad got loose. There's no dust collection on this model sander. I moved the mounting of the pad 3 times till I got the least amount of vibration from it. Will see if it worked the next time I sand which'll probably be next week. Was thinkin bout a DeWalt as a replacement if the vibration's still there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts