Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Newb
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I went on Amazon, and looked up a couple replacement table saw blades. Found the two I wanted, and placed them in my cart, figuring I'd finish up the order sometime this week.

I looked in my cart this morning, and I was informed the prices of both saw blades had changed.

About $6 cheaper per blade, overnight.

Coincidence? There was a proper reduction almost immediately after I placed the items in my cart?

Was it an automated marketing gimmick, did Amazon throw me a bone hoping I'd click 'Process My Order'?

If the latter, it worked. I saw $12+ in savings, and *click* I immediately placed the order before the reduction was rescinded or something.

Does Amazon do stuff like that intentionally? I sincerely hope so actually, a $12+ savings is significant.

Or did Freud simply put some blades on sale?

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm not sure if they do as you suggest, but I don't think they did in this case. Those items are priced the same for me as a guest. I've found prices fluctuate on that site quite often. Either way, nice savings :thumbsup:

I have that rip blade in my wish list. Looking at it again, I also have their LU85R010 in it that received a 5% price drop as well, from $79 to $74.44.

·
RAM Man
755 Posts
I wouldn't stand for that.......... email them immediately and demand that they charge you the higher prices!! :no:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I keep a wish list of my future purchases in a cart on amazon and knock them out as I can. The prices change almost daily. It's normal.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Happens all the time. I've actually had prices in my basket go up. I think it's normal fluctuation. Check out camelcamelcamel.com. You can track historical prices on Amazon to see if you're getting a good deal. It will also give you deal alerts.

·
Registered
292 Posts
BTW, Amazon also has a policy that if you purchase an item, and that item goes down in price within 30 days, they'll refund the difference.:thumbsup:

·
John
3,028 Posts
Amazon has a pretty sophisticated website. I keep several wish lists; tools, software, electronics, etc. When I go back to them, they will reflect the current price as well as what the price was when I placed the item on the wish list. :yes: Kinda neat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts