Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I have had many problems with my orbital sander and now the dics fly off after about a minute of sanding. I am guessing the Velcro is worn out how can I fix this?

·
7,222 Posts
You need to purchase a replacement pad for your sander. Try EReplacementparts.com

or do an internet search for "replacement pad" and your sander make and model.

·
Registered
212 Posts
hello I have had many problems with my orbital sander and now the dics fly off after about a minute of sanding. I am guessing the Velcro is worn out how can I fix this?
If you have an older orbital sander that did not have dust collection, I would opt to just replace it. Bosch makes a very good random orbital sander for $69 at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_294221-353-...&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=bosch+sander&facetInfo=

Random orbital out performs the old orbital quite a bit, there is not much point in updating or repairing old sanders in my opinion. If it was an expensive piece of equipment , then yes, but not a sander. I have this one and the dust collection is top notch, I don't even have to wear a mask, quiet and is hook & loop plus variable speed a big plus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts