Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good orbital sander. I did some searching on here and in other places came up with the PC 390. Does anyone out there have this model? If so does it have good dust collection? Should I be looking at something else? I know that the Festool offers the best dust collection but can't quite justify it. I currently have a 1/4 sheet B&D pad sander and 3x21 Bosch belt sander.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have one, bought it after a tool review rated it best. I really like it, like the review indicated the top is a little large for those with smaller hands (me). Mine hasn't got much use yet (I've had for 3 years) because I bought as a backup for my aging Bosch 3725, thinking it may be ready to go. But it keeps on going, so my PC has seen limited use. Anyway, it's a good sander (IMHO).

Reactions: WoodMachiner

·
7,222 Posts
I also have the PC 390 and love it.

I had a 6in Bosch ROS for years. The dust collection was awful and it was rather large.

I got the PC 390 for the smaller size, great review and supposed to be an easy connection to my shop vac. I ended up having to make my own adapter for the shop vac. However, when connected to a shop vac, this unit generates also no dust.

These days I purchase the discs from Klingspor. Good prices and they last longer than some other brands.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/category.aspx?id=21&f1=5"+X+8+HOLE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.