Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, "oops" is what I said:). I got this little guy a tad too thin on that bottom curve. I was really liking it too. I kept the hole at 7/16" and the walls less than 1/8". Just had a lapse of concentration and forgot where I was cutting for a second. I'd feel better if I had a pile of FBE in the yard but its hard to come by around here. Oh well, I have one really nice chunk that I'm going to try to turn into a large HF so maybe I got that "cut through" out of my system.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Been there an done that :laughing: I know it not funny, but I got it out of my system an moved on to but it was a purity pieces of Cocobolo 10" cube to still :furious: my a:censored: thinking about it

·
The New Guy
1,199 Posts
Sometimes the small ones are the hardest ones. I have plenty of pieces that got a little too thin and ended up in many small pieces. Best thing is to chuck up another pieces and give it another try.

·
Maker of sawdust
460 Posts
I have one

save it believe it or not you have the perfect funnel. I am not trying to be a smarty I lost a small lid for one of my finishes ( fell down the back side of my workbench ) so one of my tops that doesn't spin all that well makes the perfect lid due to it's shape.

Jerry

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well y'all are full of great ideas. I was really just needing to whine a bit but now I have more items on my future project list. (Ive already made plenty of funnels). I appreciate all the suggestions but I think this remnant will best serve as a reminder to slow down, measure often, and slow down some more. Hopefully my next post will be of a successful piece.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.