Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's a tough one that got designed, got mostly built, but never got used.

It's an octagonal window frame that some of you might find interesting. Here is a link to the pictures, with descriptions on how this thing came about. It was too much of a project to try to put up here.

http://www.miterclamp.com/octag_window.htm

I know Tom R. will get a kick out of it. It has Tom written all over it.

regards,
jim

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for that, Jim, - - WOW is right!!, - - great pics and great narrating . . . :thumbsup:

That's not only awesome as all hell, - - it's out-'n-out INSPIRING . . . :notworthy:

What did you mean about the 'overseas' part?? Maybe I missed something . . .

I have a project, - - kind of an invention (not quite as elaborate as that one, though) that I'd like you to check out, - - but I'm '7-days-a-week' busy right now for at least the next several months, - - so it might have to be a while 'til I can find some time to dig it out (I think it's in my attic) and get some pics 'n all.

This 'project-invention' is from over 20 years ago, - - and there's still 'no-such-thing' (as far as I know).

Good or bad, - - I think you'd find it interesting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clamp,
Thats one Bad Azz window. You ought to put into production or sell it to one of the big window companies.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, still here. Haven't seen anything posted lately that I know anything about. But I still check. What ever happened to Tom R? I sent him a message a while back but never heard anything.

Regards,
Jimc

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
. . . .Haven't seen anything posted lately that I know anything about. . . ..
We never let that stop us from answering a question. :blink:

. . . . What ever happened to Tom R? I sent him a message a while back but never heard anything.
Couldn't say. He was active less than a month and hasn't checked in since November of last year.
Try digging up an old post he was a part of and respond to it like I did with you. If he has email notification it usually brings members back out of the, ahem, woodwork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts