Woodworking Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll figure something out. Was sick for a couple weeks. Too much time on my hands...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I totally understand and sympathize with your frustrations. I had to move everything out of my parents' house when it was sold a couple of years ago, I found a place I thought was going to be permanent to keep and work on all my projects, but it fizzled out after a year, now I have a new home, but it's small and I have to find someplace to store all my stuff that was moved from the family home/garage to the fizzled farm but my utility trailer fell apart and because I brought over all the tools I would need to do things here, I can't get to my table saw, or band saw or whatever in my new shed to cut the wood I need to either build the deck in front of the shed so I can roll out the table saw, or rebuild the trailer so I can rescue my stuff from the farm, and my garden died this summer so I had to re-lawn and plant stuff, and my hose just split so I had to go buy another one to water the new grass, (all the garden shops are now full of Christmas stuff) and I was trying to fasten the plywood to the trailer frame and the drill bit broke (only one that fit) and the screws don't really fit the hex bit so I need another one of those and the good hardware store is closed on Sundays, so I have to go to HD...and so on and so on. Thank God for my ADD--there's always something I can do when I can't do what I want! lol

How I wish I had a woodworking/handyperson club around to get some help, maybe co-op projects, and that there was no pandemic. But hey, It's still warm enough to fix the rotted wood in my big front window before it rains tonight! lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
As one with ADD, I sure do understand! But I do feel lucky to enjoy my time in my woodshop. What bothers me the most is having a piece of equipment that does not do it's job as it should. I bought a used planer (Delta) and it has finally stopped working as it should. I should have checked before buying this planer, cause Delta seems to have many people that really don't like them at all. I have my eye on a new DeWALT planer that has some very good reviews. One fella even said his has been doing great for over 7 years and his old Delta's would only last one year.
I find that having a short term project helps with getting it done, and also being able to work on a long term project along with a short term project. I really enjoy doing things for friends. Great feedback and feels good to do something for others rather than just for myself.

·
Mossback
1,565 Posts
I've built a lot of game tables over the years. Point is.... if I can't use the shop to build my own game tables and I'm not doing work for customers. What's the point of the shop? This I'm trying to decide....
Aren't you a cabinet guy? Or do you build whatever a customer needs?

·
Mossback
1,565 Posts
Building commercial and residential cabinets for 30 years I'm sure had helped with being burnt out. I was At one time running the software, layouts and building were easy. I use to run cabinet visions but don't have a key anymore. I still have Ecabinets but my computer is out of date. I was looking for a new computer thinking I might start doing layouts...
Sorry, hadn't read this far yet :wink: are the customers just not there right now?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts