Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a Estate sale last week, and attatched to this Desk I wanted was this Vice, There was No Interest and it was the End of the Day, I ened up getting the Desk and Vise for 3 dollars, The Desk Is an Old Teacher Desk, I am guessing a Woodshop Teacher? Here is a Picture of the Vise,Can anyone tell me More about, There is some writting on It I just didnt write it down, and at Work. I am building a Roll around Assembling Station, and would like to attach this Vise to that Station?

·
7,222 Posts
The picture is too small.

I am not able to make out any details in this tiny picture. It is a woodworking vise is about all I can say. Good buy for the price.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Columbia is what it says. When you click on it you get a larger picture and a bunch of other pics. Cute kid!!!! I have a similar Columbia. I like mine. $3. That is dirt cheap.............

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It's often called a face vise because you typically mount it on the front of your bench. Most face vises mount under the bench but it looks like your vise will have to be screwed onto the front face of your bench. I assume your $3 vise has wood on the inside of the plates as to not dent the wood. These vises are not designed to hold a piece of wood which will be subject to a lot of torque. They mostly hold boards so you can work on the edges with a support for the other end of the board.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts