Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Like looking back in time when I was a kid.....I bought a Porter Cable belt sander, one of the first models, just for kicks..it works ok....but of course, it will never be used....I wonder what comes over us when we see these relics?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I have an old circular saw exactly like that. I will brave the ice storm we are having and go to the barn later and take a picture.

There is a story behind my saw. I don't use it now, but it still works good.

·
Registered
803 Posts
My dad bought a stainless steel B&D 1/4" drill back in the '50's. Came with a jig saw attachment. Didn't have a reverse...my brother has that old thing and it STILL works as good as new. Dad was a sheet metal worker and didn't treat it with no favors!!!!:no: :laughing:

·
Registered
109 Posts
A few years back, I came across a hefty, all-metal, compact (at least for back then) Sunbeam jigsaw in great condition except for the power cord which I replaced with an almost exact duplicate. Works great but I don't use it. My Bosch VS barrel grip jigsaw is far superior. So, it's a workshop queen for the most part. Sold a circa 1969 all-metal Rockwell 1/2 sheet sander a few years back only to turn around a few months later and buy its reincarnated successor, i.e. a new Porter Cable 1/2 sheet sander. There is, however, a difference in the actual performance as the newer PC is a bit quieter and also a bit smoother running.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dad bought a stainless steel B&D 1/4" drill back in the '50's. Came with a jig saw attachment. Didn't have a reverse...my brother has that old thing and it STILL works as good as new. Dad was a sheet metal worker and didn't treat it with no favors!!!!:no: :laughing:
Was that thing like this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts