Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I have an old circular saw exactly like that. I will brave the ice storm we are having and go to the barn later and take a picture.

There is a story behind my saw. I don't use it now, but it still works good.

·
Registered
803 Posts
My dad bought a stainless steel B&D 1/4" drill back in the '50's. Came with a jig saw attachment. Didn't have a reverse...my brother has that old thing and it STILL works as good as new. Dad was a sheet metal worker and didn't treat it with no favors!!!!:no: :laughing:

·
Registered
109 Posts
A few years back, I came across a hefty, all-metal, compact (at least for back then) Sunbeam jigsaw in great condition except for the power cord which I replaced with an almost exact duplicate. Works great but I don't use it. My Bosch VS barrel grip jigsaw is far superior. So, it's a workshop queen for the most part. Sold a circa 1969 all-metal Rockwell 1/2 sheet sander a few years back only to turn around a few months later and buy its reincarnated successor, i.e. a new Porter Cable 1/2 sheet sander. There is, however, a difference in the actual performance as the newer PC is a bit quieter and also a bit smoother running.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dad bought a stainless steel B&D 1/4" drill back in the '50's. Came with a jig saw attachment. Didn't have a reverse...my brother has that old thing and it STILL works as good as new. Dad was a sheet metal worker and didn't treat it with no favors!!!!:no: :laughing:
Was that thing like this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.