Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an old craftsman jointer for $25 (my first one) why so cheap? The blades are discontinued. Except if you go to mywoodcutter.com they had the blades for my 4 1/8 jointer. Little pricey $45 but I'm off and running. They have a large selection. I hope this helps

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
You can also buy 6” blades and cut them down to your 4 1/8”.
It may be half the price.

·
Registered
27,272 Posts
I bought an old craftsman jointer for $25 (my first one) why so cheap? The blades are discontinued. Except if you go to mywoodcutter.com they had the blades for my 4 1/8 jointer. Little pricey $45 but I'm off and running. They have a large selection. I hope this helps
Jointer blades vary in design quite a bit from machine to machine and brand. If your jointer just uses 1/8" knives then it shouldn't be too difficult to find some generic blades that would fit.

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,761 Posts
Joiner is on my list of stuff I don't really have the space for, but will probably get and toss out other stuff I don't really find much use for.. And since money is no object except when actually spending it and looking at my underfunded bank account I'm going to have to really shop around to afford it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts