Woodworking Talk banner

Old joiner; new to WT

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bespokeq 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

Been in the joinery trade from leaving school in 1963 and entering a 5yr apprentership with a family buisness of mainly 'Bespoke' joinery/carpentry/cabinate & casket work; had a great forman[young and v/knowledgable] from whom I learnt a great deal

Off into the 'big wide world at 20 and worked for myself for many years on contract work to earn some extra monies

All that before settling down and took control of a large joinery department at a shopfitting/building contractors back in 1980 work involved Hospital;Schools;Banks & B/Societies[new and refits] moved on to work for another companies[2 inall]in the same line of work but with a bigger turnover and better prospects

A bad head injury in 94 as this left me with frontal lobe brain damage[which forced me to take early retierment] dispite trying to return to work but even the easiest of taxing the brain would wash me out after a few hours

Dispite my disablement I do manage to do improvements to our home even though it be at a slow pace I do manage to get the biggest of jobs done; having built up a good range of power tools and bench machines

I can now do jobs and have a break when ever

Please excuse spellings

John [and 'Yes' my name is 'Wood'] ya could say; "A chip off the old block":yes:

See less See more
#2 ·
john wood

Welcome johnboy
Good to have you joining us here on the forum. Noticed your new to wood turning. So are you going to be a turner with the rest of us? Seems you have a pretty good background in woodworking. Maybe you can click on your gallery and post some pictures of something you made. Doesn't matter what it is. A picture says a lot more than the spoken word.:bangin:
Good luck Mitch
Check out my turnings on my gallery.

#3 ·
Bespoke Joinery

Bespoke Joinery - Dcsservices.com is a small family business and have over 37 years combined experience in the building trade.Our main work is carried out within the SS and CM postcode area. Dean covers calls within Southend and surrounding areas and Ben is based in Burnham on crouch and covers the CM postcode area. Over the years we have developed a solid reputation with our clients for being personal, reliable and professional in the way we conduct ourselves, this gives you our client the confidence and trust that we can take care of you from initial consultation and discussions through to the final completion of works. This close co-operation means that you have assurance and peace of mind that you will be taken care of in a personal,reliable and professional manner when seleScting our company to take care of your project however large or small.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.