Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I've just recently discovered woodworker's forums, shortly after having discovered the computer! Yeah, I'm a little slow with these things. Anyway, I am a custom furniture and cabinet maker in Oregon. I've had my own shop for 13 years, I'm small peanuts, and intend to stay that way. Meaning, no employees. Just me. I'm interested to see what happens here in the forum. If anyone is interested in seeing what I do, my website is http://markmeyerwoodworking.com

I will definitely be checking out what others are doing. It never fails to be inspiring.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Glad you found the site mmwood1.

I suspect it wont take long and folks will be begging for some of that Big Leaf Maple that is so poplular out your way.

I brought back a massive burl from Frank Pender a few months ago. He is down in Dalas, OR. If your ever near there you should stop in see his operation! Quite impressive.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi mm....

The computer has been the single biggest avenue for me to increase my knowledge of wood and how to procees/build with it. The best aspect is that you can get real "field-tested" knowledge on these forums, not just spam put out by mfrs. or suppliers.

I've been an adult on both sides of the "computer boom" and now I just can't imagine how people got along without them.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Sweet, my son would love to have that musical bench.
That is some of the nicest stuff I have seen in a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts