Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all,...i,m new to all of this...i,m trying to upload pics on Wood Finishes....and am getting nowhere fast....any help for a numpty to follow would be much appreciated...

·
7,222 Posts
If you can provide more details, you may get more advise.

Did you read the Sticky thread in this forum on how to post pictures?

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f16/how-post-photos-1120/

The site has file size limits which are displayed in the Manage Attachments window.

If you are having trouble with the Manage Attachments window, take a look at this thread, my post #11.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f6/my-first-lidded-box-48481/

A common problem is files being too large.

File size for e.g., JPG = 97.7 kB. Max width = 640 pixel. Max height = 480 pixel.

I manually re-size my files to fit within the site constraints in Photo-shop Elements. Many other picture re-sizing programs, just do an internet search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All my pictures are the correct size...as my camera has the facility..to size them for posting on similar sites/forums,i have pics of an elm dining table that i am making....but..on here i can,t find where to upload them..on other forums that i,m on....not wood related...there is either a attachment.prompt or ..upload pic sign..but i can,t see one here....maybe its just me...old age does,nt come alone for some of us

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have just seen this insert image sign..but that does,nt help me..as i don,t know what it means when it opens i.e.enter URL of my image....all my pics are on my pc...and as i said in the previous message...if i click on upload on other sites..a window opens and it says browse.then when i click that i get taken to my pics....and then i choose them and open them..and they go to where i want them....this is so frustrating....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts