·
where's my table saw?
27,897 Posts
Looks like Super 8 to me.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think I'm going to try it.

I wonder if its just a torsion box or somethign on the inside. seems it would be crazy heavy otherwise.

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
hehe. don't let Kenbo see this one ... !

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm going to try it.

I wonder if its just a torsion box or somethign on the inside. seems it would be crazy heavy otherwise.
I'm guessing it's hollow, but I have no idea. I agree that it would be pretty heavy for a coffee table if it weren't.

Brent

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have the couch and attire to go with it?:eek: It'd look kind of funny without!
Haha, you're right. I think it would be perfect for a recording studio. You'd definitely need the right space and decor for it to look right.

My background is in audio production, which is why it interested me.

Brent

·
Registered
909 Posts
That's pretty neat, but it'd be an awful lot of work to make that before being told to put it out by the curb by my wife.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you can track down the website of the guy who built the tape deck table, I think he has a video on there about him making the table. You guys laugh and make fun, but he does an amazing job. It's certainly not a table you older guys would appreciate...it's more geared toward those of us who grew up with Nintendo systems (somebody out there has also made a beautiful coffee table that looks like the original NES controller). The downside is the price. None of us who grew up with NES gaming systems have almost $5k to spend on a coffee table, haha!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you can track down the website of the guy who built the tape deck table, I think he has a video on there about him making the table. You guys laugh and make fun, but he does an amazing job. It's certainly not a table you older guys would appreciate...it's more geared toward those of us who grew up with Nintendo systems (somebody out there has also made a beautiful coffee table that looks like the original NES controller). The downside is the price. None of us who grew up with NES gaming systems have almost $5k to spend on a coffee table, haha!
I definitely wasn't laughing. I love it! My first game system was an Atari and the first one I personally owned as a kid is the original Nintendo.

I would seriously put this in my studio if I could!

Brent

·
DESIGN ARCHITECT
7 Posts
Brilliant!

Brent,
That's Hot!
ACTUALLY THAT'S NOT TOO HARD TO MAKE IF YOU USE THE PROGRAM INVENTOR 3D. Dimensions and tolerances are a must! How much are you paying?

Santa Barbara 7;)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
My first stereo was was a Muntz 4 track. Had it in my 65 Chevy pickup. Loved it. Hated the eight track tapes with the changing in the middle of the songs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts