Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ohio Forge band saw is a Chinese import saw. It might be hard to find OEM parts. However, there are Carters, Iturra or Ebay, so , I guess you'll be fine. And blades wouldn't be an issue, blades can be custom made.

·
Registered
55 Posts
worth looking at, or cheap junk?
Ohio Forge is a Home Depot brand. I had an Ohio Forge 10" table saw for years and it was about as cheap as it gets, but it sure did take some abuse over the years. I'd say for $50, that band saw is worth looking at. I wouldn't worry too much about parts.. band saws are about as simple as it gets and most parts are either generic or easily fabricated.

Cheers,
Brad

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, and I don't mean to hijack, where do you find good lumber and plywood in this town? I've been looking everywhere. I have used Pickens for hardwood, but plywood is impossible to find.
You're talking about the Jackson area? I don't know - my projects are still pretty basic. There's a place down old 49 in Richland where you can get cypress and cedar, probably some other woods, but I can't remember the name of it.

·
John
3,028 Posts
I'm not so sure the older Ohio Forge are imports. I had an older, smaller (10") 3 wheeler that was also sold by Sears at one time. The name could have been bought and subsequently sent overseas though. I was able to get tires and such through Sears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.