Woodworking Talk banner

Oak Medicine Cabinet

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  MaxPower 
#1 ·
Just finished this built in cabinet and charged them $100 labor + materials. Only 1/3 of it protruds from the wall. What would you have charged for this?

Attachments

See less See more
#16 · (Edited)
Nice work. I would definitely have made the moveable drawers oak as well. It looks quite nice otherwise.

FYI, you can quote multiple posts in one post (instead of making a separate post for each question/answer). Click on the "multi-quote" button (the quotation mark between the "quote" and "thanks!" buttons) for each one you want to include in your post. Just click the "quote" button on the last one.

EDIT: But at least the shelves are easily able to be replaced if ever wanted in the future.

#19 ·
Looks really nice. It actually sparked my imagination on a new cabinet for my bathroom.

Deciding on prices is hard. If you are new and trying to build a reputation than don't feel bad about under charging. You gotta get your name out there. Its a good idea to check around at some local furniture stores for a comparable pieces. It's probably obviously but, don't mistake some particle board crap from a big box store as comparable. I've never read any, but there are books out there about pricing your woodworking products.

Keep up the good work and good luck with those commissions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.