Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
jackof all master of none
106 Posts
Are the two upper shelves something other than oak? Why not make them all the same? Are they moveable?

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Nice work. I would definitely have made the moveable drawers oak as well. It looks quite nice otherwise.

FYI, you can quote multiple posts in one post (instead of making a separate post for each question/answer). Click on the "multi-quote" button (the quotation mark between the "quote" and "thanks!" buttons) for each one you want to include in your post. Just click the "quote" button on the last one.

EDIT: But at least the shelves are easily able to be replaced if ever wanted in the future.

·
Registered
28 Posts
$100 labor/30hrs...$3.33/hr. Cabinet man was right, $900 would have been just about right.

The problem is...who pays $900 for a medicine cabinet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks really nice. It actually sparked my imagination on a new cabinet for my bathroom.

Deciding on prices is hard. If you are new and trying to build a reputation than don't feel bad about under charging. You gotta get your name out there. Its a good idea to check around at some local furniture stores for a comparable pieces. It's probably obviously but, don't mistake some particle board crap from a big box store as comparable. I've never read any, but there are books out there about pricing your woodworking products.

Keep up the good work and good luck with those commissions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts