Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
That things had a hard life....I think the point he was making is some people feel sawstop has no business being in business.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
The question that I have is: What did the owner do, find it in the woods after it fell off a truck? :eek:

But then again, some contractors on very large projects buy a new stationary tool for each project. The saw sits out in the elements, gets used and sold for half of what it cost. With the tax write-off, the actual cash flow is close to zero.

We live in a society with a disposable mentality.

·
Mr.20C
293 Posts
:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:That is one piece of machinery that is way overpriced,cheaply made and the mentality that is behind that saw is unnerving to me....

I can see that in institutions/ educational - for safety reasons .....other than that.....

:icon_rolleyes:

No offense to any owners...JMPO ...;)

B,

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Bweick7 said:
:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:That is one piece of machinery that is way overpriced,cheaply made and the mentality that is behind that saw is unnerving to me....

I can see that in institutions/ educational - for safety reasons .....other than that.....

B,
"Clamps mouth tightly shut to avoid yet another closed thread"

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
Reactions: rrbrown

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
It really is a poor performing saw when put in a real production environment. This has been repeated to me on several occasions by people that have worked in production environments where these saws were used.
Is that the cabinet or the hybrid version?

·
Registered
12,989 Posts
That things had a hard life....I think the point he was making is some people feel sawstop has no business being in business.
"I think the point he was making is some people feel sawstop has no business being in business."

That just adds a comment that also needs an explanation. Just "what" people? Why should they not be in business? etc., etc.

G

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
thankfully we live in a nation where we have the freedom to buy any product we want, and say whatever we want (not necessarily the best combination all the time ha-ha).

we do have the sawstop cabinet model in our production shop, and i personally feel that the quality exceeds our grizzly g1023, unisaw, and delta contractor saws. is it perfect - no.

·
Banned
6,836 Posts

B,
It really is a poor performing saw when put in a real production environment. This has been repeated to me on several occasions by people that have worked in production environments where these saws were used.
Look we already know your a hater per say of anything not seriously industrial. As in 3 phase etc.

My Brother in law worked in a production shop environment for a government contractor and they love the 5+ saws they had. you can to bash on SawsStop and in your case (WarnerConstInc) anything less then 3 phase weighing a ton seems to be a problem to you. It's time to stop all the damn trouble making in the forum.

Post like you guys made are no better then trolls you look for any chance to start crap in threads and any chance to bash on SawStop. We have had other bashing of companies that was unfounded which I have always tried to stop. If people have proof its one thing but just to Bash in general needs to stop.

thankfully we live in a nation where we have the freedom to buy any product we want, and say whatever we want (not necessarily the best combination all the time ha-ha).

we do have the sawstop cabinet model in our production shop, and i personally feel that the quality exceeds our grizzly g1023, unisaw, and delta contractor saws. is it perfect - no.

·
Banned
6,836 Posts

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
Richard is 110% correct.

What the OP was trying to show was that some people abuse their tools.

We can all think of playmates from our youth that abused their toys.

We can all think of friends, co-workers and neighbors that only add oil to their cars when the light comes on.

Comments are not necessary.

Richard, I think that it is TIME to exercise your authority as this thread is going to go nowhere but down hill.

·
Registered
12,989 Posts
Look we already know your a hater per say of anything not seriously industrial. As in 3 phase etc.

My Brother in law worked in a production shop environment for a government contractor and they love the 5+ saws they had. you can to bash on SawsStop and in your case (WarnerConstInc) anything less then 3 phase weighing a ton seems to be a problem to you. It's time to stop all the damn trouble making in the forum.

Post like you guys made are no better then trolls you look for any chance to start crap in threads and any chance to bash on SawStop. We have had other bashing of companies that was unfounded which I have always tried to stop. If people have proof its one thing but just to Bash in general needs to stop.
Wait a minute. I do not think that there is any reason to go riling at Warner. I have never noticed that he is anti anything not industrial or 3 phase.

I do not see that he had trolled or done anything out of line.

George

·
Registered
12,989 Posts
I did not get that the Original Poster was saying any thing about how people abuse their tools. It read to me like he was directing his entire attack against Sawstop.

"" now this is a shame, no matter..... what you think about sawstop or their owner/founder:"

Owner/founder were his words. No where was operator mentioned.

George

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Really that's what you get from the OP?

I get that it's a shame how people either abuse or just don't take care of their equipment.
THAT IS the point I was making........see below.....

what you think about sawstop or their owner/founder:

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tls/3940945763.html
???????

What is it that is a shame? What does owner/founder have to do with anything?

George

I for one.....plan on having a 3hp sawstop in the shop as soon as I find a bigger shop.....

·
Tool Fanactic
1,899 Posts

All I said is that numerous people I know (two of them in charge of production at Masco Cabinets one at Grabill cabinets and a couple others scattered across the country) said the saws just can't hack it in their setting. The PM 66 or similar had no issues. That is not a one ton saw and the 3 phase argument you are trying to make is irrelevant.

I was being informative and relaying information I was told by first hand users.

Seems the only one being confrontational about this is you.

Sorry your feelings get hurt so easily.

·
Banned
6,836 Posts
First off it seems like you missed the Title bar. which was where the sentence began. I hate when people do that because it is confusing. Read it through again.

now this is a shame, no matter..... what you think about sawstop or their owner/founder:

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tls/3940945763.html

1 - 20 of 42 Posts