Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ceramic Pottery earthenware Bowl Artifact

Bowl Wood Tableware Dishware Ceramic

This blank had some nice pencil spalting, but the niceties end there. It was pinky as all get out and tear out was problematic. I wasn't in love with the shape because it looked disproportionate. I added the lines to try and break up the curves, but it missed somehow. Then the dang thing decided to jump off the lathe while I was finishing the foot. O well. It'll clean up well enough to be a gift to someone.

·
Registered
641 Posts
have never seen brown spalting like that I wonder if it is a different type of fungus that produces a similar effect or if the zone lines are just in a different phase of development OR a different reaction of the same fungus to the wood you are using?very nice looking piece either way... sometimes it's worth dealing with the punk:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Nicely done, I've done some Spalted an punkie sweet gum an I know what you went throw an you did make it beautiful :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.