Woodworking Talk banner

Note of introduction

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Boardman 
#1 ·
Hello fellow woodworkers and others who appreciate working with quality lumber. I own and operate a small bandsaw mill in western WI. I have a small beef herd and about 300 acres of wooded land. I work with mostly hardwoods primarily oak, cherry, and maple. I also sell about 100 cord of firewood every year. I market that to the Mpls/St Paul area.

We currently air dry all of our stock but I hope to get an on site kiln. I am also thinking about a planer/molder so that we can provide custom molding and trim to our clients. if anyone has any feedback or insight regarding that let me know.

I am willing to admit readily that I do not have all the answers but figure life is full of learning opportunities.:smartass:

#3 ·
Hi Terra -

Finally - someone from my neck of the woods!

I live in St. Paul but my shop is in Boardman, WI (hence my user name) just south of New Richmond. Boardman's just a wide spot in the road - 16 houses and 2 bars - I think the 8:1 ratio of houses to bars is a WI state law, from what I can tell. Heck - people in Hudson (8 miles away) sometimes don't know where Boardman's at.

I've been looking for someone in the western WI area for air-dried stuff. Especially the cherry you mentioned. Ever get any red elm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.