Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sometimes you got to depart from the well-worn trail. Wifey wanted a post with a fork but that was milled on all sides. :blink:

So I wrestled this red oak around til I got what she wanted.......

I fooled around a little more that night ........

but decied I need more firepower. So the next morning I fired up the German Chainsaw . . . .

Then I fired up the Italian wife . . . .

My Jedi training comes in real handy when I need to repel sawdust.

That's as far as it is right now. Gonna let her dry out through the winter. Maybe I will remember to show the final result. Looks like junk right now but I see a diamond in the rough. :w00t:

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
That's cool man. The 4th picture is worth 1000 words, cut-spin-lift-cut-repeat :thumbsup: (until Terry says stop :laughing:)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That A nice chunk of timber. What kind of wood is it and what you going to make with it?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Oh, that is cool. My experiments are along the lines of what you are doing. I have figured out how to make my Ripsaw mill cut curves using bender board as the guide beam. I was planninng on cutting curved timbers with it but a couple of those forks with curved sides may be nice too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm curious also about what the final project is going to be. I know you said a post, so would guess a decorotive support post ?

At least you got the wife to help with it. My wife has lots of ideas for things for me to do, but have a hard time getting her to help me with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts