Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woodworkers nightmare tonight........I ran out of wood and was forced to resort to painting woodwork.....

And to make it worse.....I didn't have enough clamps either.....

·
Registered
404 Posts
When projects are figured, a 20% - 25% overage is suggested...
Using that formula has saved me a lot of headaches. The cabinet job I've been working on since Moses walked the earth is almost done. Tonight I took a couple of doors (front finished, back needs one more topcoat) and put the hinges on to see how it would look. I got them upstairs and HUH!?!? The orientation was 90 degrees off! :wallbash:

Fortunately, I have more sapele stock on hand that I had to resaw from large 8/4 slabs to 1/2", then plane, sand, glue up, etc. So it won't be a big deal to make new doors. At least the other 33 doors are right. :sweatdrop:

Ryan, you have a lot of company.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Sorry for your lack of planning. It's a sad fact that each woodworker must learn on his or her own. Fret thee not, weary woodworker. Help is on the way:

In the meantime, relax, elevate your feet and enjoy a cold adult beverage. It'll be better before you know it.

I do understand your situation. It happens to me all the time. But in my case it's usually hardware that I run out of.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Man. It really hurts doesn't it ? I ran out of wood the other day and had to get my extension ladder out, climb into the jungle, and go trim a cocobolo tree of some lower branches. Horrific ! :thumbsup:
I wish i could afford some nice pressure treated pine.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yup. 2 men, six bolts and one minute flat it becomes a table saw again. Gotta make the table for the disc sander and thread the axles *left handed*for the buffing stations(on the right). I meter square. 6 machines. :yes: 2 horse 3450, geared as needed via pulleys and PowerTwist belts ;)
Gonna get me a treadmill motor and vari-speed to finish up the beast. Prolly take a year to find one.....OR maybe spend the night at Billy Gates Four Season resort and disappear a motor from his gym ! :gunsmilie: By the time his flunkies find the receipt for the machine the 'puters will blue screen a dozen times so that isn't a concern. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.