Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29,107 Posts
There might be air filters out there that work. I tried several about 40 years ago and gave up. I just drain the condensation out of my compressor daily and more often in damp weather now and I don't get any water in the finish. Not using a filter I have to watch the air more careful to make sure the compressor doesn't malfunction and put oil in the air though. Compressor oil can really screw up some finishes. The filters I did use had an element that felt almost like stone. Instead of replacing them I rinsed them out with lacquer thinner once a week.

I can't get your pictures with my internet. If there is a label saying not to lift the compressor by a part it's not structurally strong enough to hold the weight of the compressor there. There should be a spot under the pump just above the tank which you can lift the compressor in conjuction with the handle. They probably don't want you to lift the compressor by the plumbing where the air hose plugs in. It's just a 1/4" or 3/8" pipe and is easily broken.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.