Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to wood working and new to forums. I was a Heavy Equipment Mechanic for 24 years but I have been on disability for the past 4 years. My wife actually suggested that I get into wood working and some years ago I worked with a fellow that made bowls and always thought it would be neat to learn how to do that, so here I am!! I am trying to learn how to turn bowls and make segmented bowls. I have turned 3 bowls from blanks and I am assembling my second segmented bowl. I am not very proud of any of them yet, but each on I make gets better. I just need A LOT of practice.
I live in Clinton,Louisiana which is about an hour north of Baton Rouge.
One benefit of having a medical condition is that I do have an air conditioned shop!!!!!
Looking forward to hear from anyone and this Forum has been very helpful during my learning process.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
I didn't think to mention it before but there is a small woodworking club, Baton Rouge Woodworking club, that has a large contingent up your way and frequently holds meeting in the Clinton area. There is also a wood turning club in Baton Rouge - I don't know the info for them off hand by rrbrown would know as he's a member.

The Club's facebook and website:
https://www.facebook.com/brwoodworkers
http://www.brwoodworkers.com/

Happy Thanks Giving Day.

Jean

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the club information!!!!!!! I have been looking for a wood working club but the closest one I was able to find was in New Orleans. I looked at their web site and the next meeting is at the beginning of December and I plan on being there. Thanks again!!!!

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Thank you for the club information!!!!!!! I have been looking for a wood working club but the closest one I was able to find was in New Orleans. I looked at their web site and the next meeting is at the beginning of December and I plan on being there. Thanks again!!!!
Good deal, I have only met a few of the members when they came to events of mine at LSU. We have talked a few times about me giving a class for them but my schedule has been terrible. I'm going to try to do one with them this Spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts