Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y'all! I recently started doing some small woodworking projects that turned out pretty decent(making some oak trim to go around fireplace and built-ins after hardwood floor install), which shocked and encouraged me to delve in deeper. The better half now wants me to build a kitchen island to go along with our kitchen remodel that includes refinishing cabinets, new appliances, and maybe a layout change. I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions and appreciate all the help and the fact that this forum is here. Thanks guys!

·
Thumb Nailer
2,454 Posts
Howdy neighbor!

What part of Texas are y'all from? You didn't get whomped too bad by Ike did ya?

The kitchen island project is one of my up & coming ideas as well... Except I am working the plans / details for a rolling island cart instead of a fixed island...Mesquite with a Marble top... I am definately looking forward to completing this project!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm up north near Dallas. The hurricane actually went east of us, and we received a nice day of rain with a little wind. How bad was down in League City?

·
Thumb Nailer
2,454 Posts
I got off pretty lucky. LOML and I were in Bedais with friends, my neighborhood is in pretty fair shape, but main street looks like the London Air Raid aftermath... And don't get me started about Kemah / Seabrook...

An unofficial reporting station on the very edge / border between League City / Clear Lake Shores recorded 130MPH winds for at least a half hour before losing power and going away. I think the official reports were substantially lower...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts