Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newbie Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie at woodworking from Rhode Island that just started on this hobby and want to get more involved. I read just about every post in the joinery, design, and projects forums and have learned a lot. I started reading WWT around the time I started my first project, which was a console table for our apartment.

The table turned out ok... it looks decent, but no where near fine woodworking. All the joints are butt joints held on with countersunk and filled screws. The 4x4 legs are fir, and the rest is dimensional pine from home depot.

I'm taking a class at the Keeseh Woodshop in Providence, RI in a few weeks, which would give me access to their shop on the weekends for my future projects. I was very limited on what I could do with the table with just a circ saw, power sander, and drill.

My next few projects will be:
-Cornhole set (currently working on it)
-Spice Rack
-Decorative box for envelopes for my upcoming wedding

Thanks for all the help so far and going forward!

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome. Nice job on the table. Limited tools make jobs harder but will make you appreciate the better tools when you get them. I too am limited but growing

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the upcoming wedding. Your 1st build is much better then mine was. One good way to learn is by building simple workshop projects like a workbench and a few storage cabinets. You'll always be making mistakes but as you gain experience, you'll learn to hide those mistakes. That's how I do it

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts