Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I don't own what we call a Shopsmith machine, but I assume your combination machine is just like a Shopsmith. Very nice barn and perfect for a workshop. My workshop is under my attached barn and is a nice easy walk in the winter when we have lots of snow on the ground.

Your idea of building a workbench before all other things needed is very good. A workbench is the center of any workshop. Maybe you have room to put it in the center so you can work on all sides - or if you have to put it on a wall, I would wait until the south window is in place and put it under the window. That is what I did and I love looking out the window while working. Last week I saw a black bear walk right past it... always very exciting.

Good luck - share pictures with us - and if you have questions, you know you can ask.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.