1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BlackHeartOrganics
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Billi I guess we are not commenting because we aren't sure what they are. They look extremely well done. My only feedback is what are they and how are they used? I find them interesting.

·
BlackHeartOrganics
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I make body jewelry, large lobe pieces, ethnic jewelry and various adornments. This is due to my up bringing in the manufacturacting and body piercing community in the early 90's til about 2005.

I am doing my best to learn and grow as much as possiable. Getting in my mid 30's I have found a mediun I truly have a passion for and am eager to expand my horizons with my wood work. I have been working at this for about 1 year full time. Thanks for the compliment. I understand why I have not received freed back. Perhaps now you all and I can better relate when I have something to share.
Thanks so much
-BilliOwen- BlackHeartOrganics

·
Registered
912 Posts
Billi, nice looking work but I still am not sure what they are? Of course I am a little slow! Are they for the ear lobe? Maybe a picture of them in place... And if the bottom falls out they could double as napkin rings.:laughing: Seriously though the work looks nice.

John

·
This Space For Rent
814 Posts
I think those are for the earlobe John. Nice looking pieces Billi, I'd be interested in the process unless you don't want to give away trade secrets.

·
BlackHeartOrganics
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
912 Posts
Billi that is great that you have tapped into an area for turning wood that most folks would never have dreamed of. Glad you have met a need and found something you enjoy. Nice work.

John

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a few questions:confused1:, how do you clamp the customer :pinch: on the drill press in order to make the hole in the first place?:huh:
And what kind of bit do you use, fostener? spade? or hole saw?
;)

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
Billi, I can't see these now because work blocks myspace and most similar sites, but I'll try and check them out later as I'm highly interested in body mods... What's the smallest gauge you make?

·
BlackHeartOrganics
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha my customers usually know what size they are and let me know, to which I make a size that they can wear comfortably. I do everything on my lathe.

·
BlackHeartOrganics
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Billi, I can't see these now because work blocks myspace and most similar sites, but I'll try and check them out later as I'm highly interested in body mods... What's the smallest gauge you make?
The smallest gauge I'm currently making are 4mm. I've also tapped into regular 16-14g silver posts with wooden cabs.

·
BlackHeartOrganics
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have in the past. I found just trning blanks round,froming the saddle, oarting them off, facing the front and backs and using my boring olls to hollw the pieces out. I do things unconventualy but it works great for me, Check out some more of my products at myspace.com/blackheartorganics and let we know what you think. I am trying to expand my knowledge and focus more on large art.
Thanks for the inquiry
-Billi Owen-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts