Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I felt like I didn't have much to do as I've been in the waiting game of hearing back from clients... soooo after wasting a little while on Candy Crush... :laughing: I decided to give designing a new logo for WoodworkingTalk.com a try..

It's nothing fancy, but I came up with this simple logo.

Does anyone know who I should talk to about giving this logo to the website operator/designer? I don't want anything for it. I would just love to be able to give back to those that have made such a huge impact in my woodworking hobby and career as a young guy.

What do you all think? It's nothing much, but probably more eye catching than the present logo.

I would love to hear feedback!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Today I felt like I didn't have much to do as I've been in the waiting game of hearing back from clients... soooo after wasting a little while on Candy Crush... :laughing: I decided to give designing a new logo for WoodworkingTalk.com a try..

It's nothing fancy, but I came up with this simple logo.

Does anyone know who I should talk to about giving this logo to the website operator/designer? I don't want anything for it. I would just love to be able to give back to those that have made such a huge impact in my woodworking hobby and career as a young guy.

What do you all think? It's nothing much, but probably more eye catching than the present logo.

I would love to hear feedback!
i don't come here for the logo, just information and post some information, so if a logo changed, i wouldn't notice ? my 2 cents

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't come here for the logo, just information and post some information, so if a logo changed, i wouldn't notice ? my 2 cents
And neither do I. That being said though, I believe this site as amazing as it is, deserves a logo better than what's currently showing.

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
I'm sure Nathan will be along at some point (assuming he's still the right person) and contact you if the site is prepared to use this new design. By the way, I like it. I noticed the new logo when it debuted last spring or whenever, but I can't say I care one way or the other about it. To me it was mostly a font change rather than anything significant. Your design would be an improvement with a bit of character but might not be as easily displayed, sized, scaled, transferred, etc. (I'm not a web designer but I know sometimes graphics are very hard to manipulate properly in all the different browser options etc.)

Good on you for offering it, whether the site ends up using it or not.

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure Nathan will be along at some point (assuming he's still the right person) and contact you if the site is prepared to use this new design. By the way, I like it. I noticed the new logo when it debuted last spring or whenever, but I can't say I care one way or the other about it. To me it was mostly a font change rather than anything significant. Your design would be an improvement with a bit of character but might not be as easily displayed, sized, scaled, transferred, etc. (I'm not a web designer but I know sometimes graphics are very hard to manipulate properly in all the different browser options etc.)

Good on you for offering it, whether the site ends up using it or not.
I understand where you're coming from, and I do have some knowledge in Web design. So I know the format and size of the logo would be pretty simple to change up if needed.

I will have to get in touch with Nathan and see what his thoughts are.

I just figured, this is one small and maybe insignificant part of the site.. But something that could be improved on. So I guess, why not? Haha

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
I got a PM that Nathan has indeed sold the site so who you'd talk to now I have no idea, really. The pm said Juan is the administrator now but I don't know that I've ever seen that user name that I recall. Good luck either way.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
I got a PM that Nathan has indeed sold the site so who you'd talk to now I have no idea, really. The pm said Juan is the administrator now but I don't know that I've ever seen that user name that I recall. Good luck either way.
I'm like others that are indifferent to the logo used. If you want Juan, here's his info. What's funny is that he has only 14 posts, and you may not be able to PM him...maybe a visitor message.
http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/members/juan-m-30628/

·
Super Moderator
5,121 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts