Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few of the latest. Both are made of pine. One is a Kiddie Plane and the other is a P40 Warhawk.

Gary

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Cool plane. I have often wanted to build some military vehicles. Hopefully one day I will have the oppurtunity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gary,
These are great! I'm trying to do something simular, how do you cut these pieces? I've been using a scroll saw (winfield Collection cars) to make mine and am having a rough time cutting these with my scroll saw since the patterns call for wood 1 3/4" thick. I'm breaking blades left and right trying to cut the curves and whatnot. I've tried various blades and types but still break them too easy. Any help you could provide I would be ever gratefull to you.
Paul

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cutting small pieces

Gary,
These are great! I'm trying to do something simular, how do you cut these pieces? I've been using a scroll saw (winfield Collection cars) to make mine and am having a rough time cutting these with my scroll saw since the patterns call for wood 1 3/4" thick. I'm breaking blades left and right trying to cut the curves and whatnot. I've tried various blades and types but still break them too easy. Any help you could provide I would be ever gratefull to you.
Paul

Hi Paul. I use a Dremel scrollsaw with a thicker stiffer blade. If you look on the package from the blades it should tell you what blade to use and what size wood it will cut. I also use my bandsaw to cut the bodies of the toys I make. Any wood over 3/4 thick should be cut on a bandsaw(if you have one).

Gary

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Paul. I use a Dremel scrollsaw with a thicker stiffer blade. If you look on the package from the blades it should tell you what blade to use and what size wood it will cut. I also use my bandsaw to cut the bodies of the toys I make. Any wood over 3/4 thick should be cut on a bandsaw(if you have one).

Gary
Thanks Gary!! I will try that. I'm lucky, my wife told me that if I need a band saw, I could get one. I'm gonna get me one.... LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts