Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to woodworking and know I would like to get a decent table saw since this seems to be the corner stone tool. I found someone with a Ridgid TS3650 that they got as a gift and never opened, still has the plastic around the boxes.
Is $325.00 a good deal for something like this saw since it is new, and should I be worried about something that hasn't been opened in 8 years?.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks like a nice first saw but that price may be high. It may be unused but I think a even lower price is needed. Or they can keep it another 8 years.

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts
Hi, I am new to woodworking and know I would like to get a decent table saw since this seems to be the corner stone tool. I found someone with a Ridgid TS3650 that they got as a gift and never opened, still has the plastic around the boxes.
Is $325.00 a good deal for something like this saw since it is new, and should I be worried about something that hasn't been opened in 8 years?.
I suppose it's all relative. A new one, albeit a little different saw than that one, but still, will cost you 550.00. Is 225.00 less for a new saw a bad deal, I wouldn't say so. If I was looking for a saw, and I was entertaining a Ridgid saw (which I happen to like their saws) and that presented itself, I, personally, would take a hard look at it. That's me!

Paul

·
where's my table saw?
28,591 Posts
probably just fine

show up with a truck or SUV and $300.00 an he'll take it. :yes:

·
John
3,028 Posts
Here's an old FWW write up about the 3650
https://www.finewoodworking.com/tool-guide/product-finder/ridgid-contractor-saw-no-ts3650.aspx
Sounds to me like a decent deal but he could likely be talked down a few more bucks.:smile:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
the 3650 is one of the best contractor TSs ever produced. any price between $300 and $350 is a good deal on that saw, assuming proper operating condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts