Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say hi. I came across this site looking for a new forum and this seems to fit perfect. I like the format of this place and hope alot more new members come here.

I live in Atlanta right now (been here 2 months) and I have been all over the world. I just build stuff as a hobby. Because of work (Active Army) and family (wife and two kids) I do not have that much time in my shop, but I do what I can.

I spent some times on another woodworking site, I like it over ther but they are getting up in age and are rather cranky:laughing:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well, I just turned 40 and I'm bitchy as hell!!!:laughing:
I know what you mean about some other sites though.....I'm gonna be a lifer here.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome to the site... enjoy!

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
cilone

Perhaps we could find the youngest and oldest member. I admit to being a silver surfer of 73, am usually the oldest, now who is the youngest!
johnep

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Frosty said he was 14. And he's got a Foley/Belsaw!!!!!!:eek:
I missed that and I had read the thread kinda eyeballing the tool someone gave him thinking what a nice gift. And was glad he decided to hang on to it.

Go Frosty :thumbsup:, alot of years ahead of you to learn, lucky dude. I should have had such a fun hobby/possible career path at that age...but I was hanging with the wrong crowd :shifty:. Hang around here and similar places when you have time and you will get at least a decade jump on most of us.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've always told my wife [who is WAY younger than me] that when I pass away all my tools are to be GIVEN to a young struggling woodworker....
...as far as I can tell...in Vancouver....there ain't none!!!!!! Sad really.:huh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've always told my wife [who is WAY younger than me] that when I pass away all my tools are to be GIVEN to a young struggling woodworker....
...as far as I can tell...in Vancouver....there ain't none!!!!!! Sad really.:huh:
Being in a job where I have to write my will all the time, I think about who will get my tools if I die. I have 2 kids a 1 1/2 and a 3 year old girls. I really am thinking about putting in there that they can not sell my tools and they have to keep them. Maybe their kids would use them. I think my PM66 would hold out for my grandchildren to use. :yes: Hopefully, I can use them well into old age.

Also, I have yet to run into any younger woodworkers. I have seen younger guys want to get into "trades" jobs, but they just want money and are not really into fine woodworking. Too bad.

·
Registered
803 Posts
This thread is getting morbid...I like that. Lisa and I are too far apart to think about kids so I was hoping for a fresh young upstart to take under my wing and just show him mistakes and make HIM fix 'em!!! That'll learn him right quick!!!:laughing:

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Man don't worry where your tools are gonna go when you die. It's all vanity. When you die I gurantee you won't know and the people left who are tryiing to decide where to give/sell/donate them don't have a clue how temporal this first phase of eternity is. :no:

Your tools are so EXTREMELY inconsequential in the big scheme of things so as not to even matter. How's that for morbid corndog? :laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts