Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been a member over on Woodnet under the name "Sassafrasman" for years (and also on the Forestry forum) but decided to look for something fresh.

I've been woodworking since I was 13 (thirty years). Managed a large 50+ person shop for nine years and have been self-employed (by choice) for ten years now. I work in all materials: real woods and veneers, laminates and solid surfacing. My specialty is furniture and circulation desks for libraries . . . as well as any high-quality residential or commercial product that falls under the heading of "custom woodworking".

Hobbies, of course, include woodworking as well as milling lumber with my Wood-Mizer LT-40 hydraulic mill (they are manufactured 7 miles from my house). I also enjoy snow skiing and am a very active member of the Toyota 4x4 community. I take several trips out west each year (Colorado and Utah mainly) to explore the deserts, mountains, and back country on trails that you just can't see in person without a capable 4x4.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

·
where's my table saw?
29,585 Posts
nice intro!

Welcome to WWT. Sounds like you will have a lot to contribute. Please post any photos of your work or your shop you wish to share in "My Photos" where you can create albums on any topic. It's a bit confusing as the last photo entered becomes the first photo shown and each one can be labeled with a description.

Here how to post them in a thread:

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

This site is a bit different than WN. You'll need 25 posts to send/receive 'Private Messages'. There is a maximum of 50 allowed in your inbox. So you have to maintain some space...by deleting old/unneeded messages.You can send/receive 'Visitor Messages' anytime.

Posting pictures in a thread can be done the same way as WN, using the
aft of the URL, or you can follow the posting procedures for using 'Manage Attachments'. A tutorial HERE.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome!

·
Cedar Box Maker
165 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts