Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the forum. I've read it for a few days, looks like a wealth of information and photos with a lot of helpful folks.

I'm from Palmerdale, Alabama. Since not many of you know where that is, it's about four miles south of Remlap, near Ayers.

I've been woodworking five or so years and have a pretty nice shop set up in my basement. I had to give up my first love, riding motorcycles and one day while drowning my sorrows in the local home improvement stores, I inadvertently found a good deal on a tablesaw. So I said to myself, "Hey, this may come in handy." Soon I needed a drill press, then a router then...and so on. Now I am addicted to another vice.

I make jewelry and keepsake boxes, guitar stands, small furniture pieces, toys, clocks, and more. I also do a good bit of turning on a Jet 1014 mini-lathe - pens, bowls, yo-yos, what nots.

To better understand me, it helps to know that "ya'll" is singular, "all ya'll" is plural, "all ya'll's" is plural possessive.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lots of good knowledge and good folk on here too! Hope y'all enjoy your stay! Did I use that right?:laughing:

John

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Lots of good info floating around in here. Y'all know what I mean? So lets get down to biness.:yes:

BTW, I just looked at your photo album....nice stuff

·
Registered
660 Posts
new to forum

Wecome,I took the tour thru your site and gotta say that you have some magnificent work there.I made jewelry,keepsake an other things for yrs,still do,but I got onto turning a few yrs back and when I go in the shop,I don't know what kind of project I'm gonna start next.Where abouts are you located.I spend my time betwen FL an NC
Again welcome
Ken
Just saw your location,gettin late here

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome,
:smile:

·
Curmudgeon in Training
824 Posts
Welcome, George, If you like woodworking, you'll enjoy the forum. There are a lot of knowledgable woodworkers here,,,,,, oh,, and a few hacks, like myself that hang around hoping to learn something. And judging by the photos in your album - I'll bet you like woodworking!! You got some darn nice work in your photo album! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the kind words, geoguy. This is the most active forum I've seen. I've spend a good deal of time in the short period that I've been a member and have put together some great advice from folks already. Awesome site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts