Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just finished up a new mallet. I had been working on a lot of big projects lately and it was just really nice to relax and build something small and fun. I just kinda came up with it as I went using some scrap material. It's ash walnut and a little bit of red cedar.

ForumRunner_20130722_165839.jpg

ForumRunner_20130722_165859.jpg

ForumRunner_20130722_165920.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's so nice I would hate to damage it by pounding anything. Maybe it can be a "formal" mallet. Nice contrast with the colors.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I so agree with you on that. I have had a bunch of BIG projects. I do this for fun in my spare time. I cant wait for a nice small project. Something that will fit in my basement work space. Not having to build in sections and move to the garage. Not to mention calling my friend to come over to help me move it. LOL!

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's very nice, i love the colors. I get what your saying about having fun with a small project. I just started a fun project myself. I started making a walking cane that looks like a hammer(pictures in the Project Showcase section). It looks like we had similar ideas. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the comments. It was a lot of fun. And mike its pretty thick in your hand. I don't have a scale to way it but I have a 16 oz. Rubber mallet and it feels like they weigh about the same amount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts