Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This reminded me of my orange TonkaToy road grader when I first saw it in Wood Magazine. I modified the windows from the original and added a windshield (they just had a single porthole window). It's been on my list to do for quite a while. Just finished gluing on the wheels this morning. It's no Kenbo & buggyman build, but it was still fun;-)

Attachments

·
where's my table saw?
28,759 Posts
one small criticism on the nice build

The shape of the grader blade is a block on the model. It would add a touch more realism if you could curve the front and back sides like a Venetian blind blade. That really stands out for me, but I'm a road grader owner/operator and have worked on our subdivison road for 30 years off and on.
Like this one:

Otherwise very nice work!

Reactions: rbhicks

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I like it. I'd like to make a tractor like that. Been looking for a design after the early style narrow front end John Deeres.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
That came out really nice. I've eyed some of the heavy machinery projects in their magazines too, thinking some day I might actually get around to building one. Nice work. I like your choice of woods too.

The truck in your avatar looks pretty cool as well.

The 'simpler' toy truck builds like this are great in their own right. They don't have to be painstakingly adorned with fine detail to be awesome. I'd say yours is came out awesome. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts