Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turned a lot of mirrors. The first is color Plywood. The second is a 3rd generation segmented mirror. The 3rd one is a segmented mirror with wood burning and dowel inserts. The 4th is a Cherry segmented mirror. And last is a Maple burl mirror. I should have photographed it from another angle. It's really thick. I had to hollow it out to keep it from being so heavy.

Attachments

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
John those mirrors are outstanding!!!!!
You definitely have it down when making them.
I'm sure the ladies love them. Good job.

·
7,222 Posts
Gorgeous mirrors as usual John. :thumbsup:

I think the order of the files ended up different than the numbering in the description.

How about some additional pictures of the burl one to show the thickness?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I forgot that this board will only let you post 4 photos so I dropped off the color wood mirror. It wasn't as good as the others. Just pretend #1 is gone and then the pieces are accurate. I'll try to get a photo of the burl from the side. It's about 1 1/2" thick. I should have hollowed it a little more but I didn't have a good way to measure wall thickness because the mounts that held it to my jumbo jaws were in the way.

·
Registered
569 Posts
One has to slow down and look at each piece without quick scroll through to really appreciate them and know a bit about your techniques. It looks to me the dowel mirror also has your steam stamp done to it as well. Lot of nice detail in there.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No the Dowel mirror was simply stamped with a leather stamp to add texture to the middle. Some Ukibori might turn up on one of the next dozen or so.

·
7,222 Posts
Yea I forgot that this board will only let you post 4 photos so I dropped off the color wood mirror.
Actually the forum allows 5 pictures attachments in a single post.

However, the Attachments window only shows 4 placeholders for files. :thumbdown:

You have to upload the first 4, then close and re-open the Attachments window and viola, a 5th placeholder for a file will appear.

I have no idea who wrote this software. :huh:

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Very nice work as always John.
I like the one with the dowels in it best I think. Even though they're all very nice.
Mike Hawkins;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Awesome mirrors! Like them all but love the one with maple burl, interesting handles and textures. They're great inspirations for gifts especially to the ladies. Superb work on them!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well John...I had to try...simple one in design and setup...all oak...definately fun to make. I see where segmenting would lend itself to these very nicely. Makes me appreciate yours all the more

ForumRunner_20130414_191336.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts