Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a couple of new members. Don't be shy and jump right in with a question or pictures of your work. We are just trying to create one big happy family.

Dave.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Dave,

Those three members that joined overnight were bots. There are automatic scripts that go all over the internet and create fake accounts so they can SPAM forums. I've turned on some security features that will hopefully limit this.

Anyways... quick update.
I'm moving to Austin in mid October and I'm probably going to wait to start this site until I get down there because I want to be able to give it my full attention. Hang in there... we will get this thing started soon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
754 Posts
No, we are just looking for a slower pace of life and cheaper cost of living. Northern Virginia is really pricey. Most houses are 600+ and I can't touch them.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome John!

We are officially starting this forum in 2 weeks but feel free to jump on in now. Just know it's going to get a lot busier ;)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome! This will be a great forum....
Yea, I can't wait to get started in a couple weeks. I think this forum will grow quick.

I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys. I'm a major wannabe right now. :cowboy:

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, we are just looking for a slower pace of life and cheaper cost of living. Northern Virginia is really pricey. Most houses are 600+ and I can't touch them.
Well, welcome to Texas, then! It's truly the land of more reasonable real estate prices.

Wait 'til you get a load of that Austin traffic... although Northern Virginia traffic might make it look tame.

Tip - make sure you visit Stubb's Barbecue. I hear it's excellent - I know his sauce is. You are in charge of this research.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dave,

Those three members that joined overnight were bots. There are automatic scripts that go all over the internet and create fake accounts so they can SPAM forums. I've turned on some security features that will hopefully limit this.

Anyways... quick update.
I'm moving to Austin in mid October and I'm probably going to wait to start this site until I get down there because I want to be able to give it my full attention. Hang in there... we will get this thing started soon.

Thanks!
No to good w/computer lingo, what is a bot? IT DOESN'T SOUND TO GOOD!!! If you are referring to me as a bot, I don't take kindly to that label. I take a mans word until I find out different. What happened to [TRUST]??? THIS WORLD IS GOING TO HELL!!! I joined early in the morning because I am on this thing late at night looking for this and that and found this site. I have no sleeping regiment. At any rate I am a REAL person that does live in Maine and I tell it like it is!!!!!

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
No to good w/computer lingo . . . . and I tell it like it is!!!!!
Well Lance, you tell it like you think it is for sure. You have gotten yourself all worked up and offended over a post that was created 15 and a half months before you even noticed it! So no, rest assured that neither Nathan, Big Dave, or anyone else for that matter was referring to you as a bot. But even if they were, there have been many times I wished that was all I had been called behind my back. :laughing:

Welcome to the forum in case I haven't done so already.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dang:eek: Them Maine e acks are kinda touchy aint they:laughing: Lance, a bot as explained earlier in this post for all us non:nerd: types is a fictious account sent out to inflitrate the site like a spy and auto send us all kinds a crap nobody wants to see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Did It Again !!!

To all...

My sincere apology to NATHAN and anyone else that was offended with my reply. I should read everything BEFORE INSERTING FOOT IN MOUTH !!! I never looked at the DATE Nathan published that. Not a good way to start of on the site... Again my apology.

Lance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts