Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member from upstate South Carolina. I am an amature woodworker for past 40 years or so.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the fourm. 1974 or so would have been about the time you started woodworking I'm guessing, so in your Introduction you pretty much give your age away. LOL

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome!
We like pictures!
So what kind of woodwork do ya like?

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

We have an introduction section where you can say a few words about yourself. If you fill out your profile in your "User Control Panel", you can list any hobbies, experience or other facts. You can also list your general geographical location which would be a help in answering some questions. In doing that, your general location will show under your username when you post.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. No secret about my age, I am 56. My grandfather was a master craftsman with many skils so I guess I get the need to butcher a piece of wood from him.. I say that b/c compared to him that is what it would be.

He built a lathe back in the 30s and I was able to rescue it from an auction of my uncles things. I have played around with it a bit and turned a couple of things such as a small pepper mill, Christmas Ornimant, and a handle for a skew I made from an old file. I have an intrest in segmented turning and have been doing some studying on that.

I will post some pictures in a few days or if you are a member of Lumberjocks searchon "My Grandfathers Woodworking" and you can see the lathe there along with his work. I also have a few pics of mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I uploaded a few pictures then I lost my security token what ever that means and I could not load anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts