Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just signed up.

Been woodworking a little over 20 years in my shop, doing things for the house and making some chests and selling them. The past 5 years I have been upgrading my shop equip. I still have my 12 year old Craftsman 10" contrators TS, which cuts like a dream, last year I purchased a Grizzly 14" BS and Grizzly 6" jointer; also B&D Firestorm router, with soft start. I have an older Craftsman router in my router table; Delta CMS, 10", Delta 12" thickness planer, HF 2HP dust collector, and assorted hand tools. My shop is 28' X 28', with a partition in the middle, one side is my finishing side and the other I have all the sawdust making tools, and garage for my motorcycle.

·
Registered
789 Posts
The only thing missing is a sawmill!.....welcome again...I wish I had a shpt set up like yours, but maybe someday.....

How do you like the Grizzly jointer? Did you spring for the spiral head?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The jointer is a fine working tool, and no I din't spring for the spiral head, but was looking at them last night in the Grizzly Christmas specials. May just look into them more at a later time.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing some of your work!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the group Yank. I have to ask, if you live in AL, how did you come up with Yank for a handle? :huh:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was born in Mass, left at 19 to join the military, retired in Alabama, met a fellow on a job once in mid "83" he found out I was from up north, nicknamed me Yank, and it has stuck with me eversince.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Gee, I wonder if that's why they called me Tex in the USCG? :cowboy:

Twas a "Yank" who nicked me that too. His name was Bill Press from Newark N.J. We was best buds til he ended up going to Kodiak/Sitka/Anchorage (can't remember which now) and me to Mobile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts