Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been making cabinets from little on up with my father and now 2 brothers. Looking for ideas and always expanding my knowledge of woodworking tips and tecniques. right now we are thinking of building a cabinet assembly table. thinking of something with a popup in the middle that can spin the cabinet while in assembly. any suggestions or brain storms of how to build

·
Registered
Bah humbug
4,066 Posts
Welcome... I don't think you want a table that moves other than up or down...

Residential or commercial cabinets?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome... I don't think you want a table that moves other than up or down...

Residential or commercial cabinets?
I would say we are residential although we've done several nursing homes so we've got the capabilities to do commercial. And i don't know what all you think of when you say commercial but we are doing european cabinets as well as face frame in residential. As far as the table i know of someone who made one that has a round pop up in the middle of a table. i believe it used air to push the cylinder up and then was free spining (i'll have to take a look at how he actually built it). so tipically it would be a stationary table but then you could push up on the cabinet and spin it.

·
Registered
Bah humbug
4,066 Posts
Residential custom cabinets can be 4"-20 ft long it's all in the customers mind.. Commercial are standard sizes and then there are the occasional custom size. Commercial can be banks, schools, restaurants, hospitals., etc.

I had to 8' tables at the furniture company and used both from time to time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts