Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a new member and do not have enough posts to be in the Classified section.

I am searching for discontinued PL. Must be Light Mahogany.

I have a special use for it. I will take whatever you have in any condition.

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
5,478 Posts
welcome to the forum - it would be most interesting to know about your project and how old, discontinued wood filler is "required" and how you can bring the hardened brick back to life.

Reactions: difalkner

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Have you ever used this product before or are you taking another woodworkers word for it?
I am also weary of any product that has to put the word "Professional" on its label unless there is some from of danger in using the product. If you have to tell someone how tough you are, then maybe you're not.
Also, most stuff in cans have a shelf life. Does this have a shelf life?
Why was it discontinued, no longer in business or bought out?

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
I wouldn’t limit myself to that if it’s a matter of color There are so many options. Most fillers can custom be tinted.

Famowood and Timbermate are two of my favorites.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
I use Famowood once in a while but I normally just squirt some CA glue in the gap and pack in sawdust from that project. Just simple layer CA glue - saw dust - CA glue for several thin layers. It always turns out much darker than the original piece yet it seems to look natural.

·
Registered
28,474 Posts
I think the simplest solution would be to take the can you have to Sherwin Williams and have them match what ever wood filler they carry to that. They could take a natural wood filler and tint it to match the PL. Then you keep the formula they used and you wouldn't have that discontinued issue anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts