Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will do just fine so relax. And by the way, WELCOME
Thank you, been meaning to join for a while, but there was a local bandsaw for sale that I really wanted to purchase.

Unfortunately, the person had a bad experience with nextdoor and doesn’t want to deal with an account that is so new. Also unfortunate that I don’t know if he opened the conversation after I replied with a picture of my username on a piece of paper with a crease to show it wasn’t photoshopped and a government ID where I left the picture, address (verifiable owner of house on GIS website), and name all sitting on top of my car that is a somewhat unique shade of green that only was available on 2 years of 911s.

So, try as I did to verify myself and offer to do a first meet at any public place in the car from the picture to provide his choice of cash or electronic deposit, I don’t know that he will ever see the message and I worry that the bandsaw I have been looking for has slipped out of my grasp.

I’ll stick around the forum though because like I said, I had been meaning to join anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Can I assume you are not paying the full amount in full. Most people wont.
Anyway, theer will be more machines coming up for sale.

By the way, where are you located? Someone on here may be near you and can offer help.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

By the way, where are you located? Someone on here may be near you and can offer help.
No haggling, offered to buy as soon as today and pick up. Even offered a deposit before I had seen it.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Sorry, I didn’t answer the last part. I live in Vancouver, WA. Just north of Portland. Hopefully, more machines will show up. I will be opening small woodworking business soon, and worked around re-sawing up until now. Looking forward to getting the final pieces in place.

Thank you for your kind response. My story was listed out in a ridiculous way because the situation is humorous to some extent, but it was an agreeable price on the exact machine I’d been looking at the last year.

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
3,492 Posts
No..Sorry..unless you tell us your entire life history along with your police rap sheet you have to go..
I'm kidding..We need your great great great great grandmothers maiden name..

Reactions: Basenji
1 - 11 of 11 Posts