Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well new to me. I have been looking to upgrade my old tube lathe for a while. Finally found a same as new Nova Comet II. Can't wait to get this set up and going. I'll have to build a stand for it, probably do that this weekend.

image-2129038975.jpg

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Great score!!!
Think you'll really like it (your wife miiiiight get jealous)
Dave H

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cuerodoc said:
Great score!!!
Think you'll really like it (your wife miiiiight get jealous)
Dave H
Wifey approved before I went to pick up today when I got home she said "that's pretty"
Which in my house translates into "make me something pretty with that" ;)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Excellent!!!
Glad to know there are other great wives out there.
Welcome to the vortex!!
Dave H

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Congratulations :thumbsup: I think you will like it a lot.
I bought one for my daughter and the turn-a-knob speed is great. I have the 1624 and have to change belts.

It is a fine lathe but I hope they catch up with themselves soon.
I bought it because of the attachments (grinder and flex drive) so my daughter could just pull it out and go. I do have the grinding attachment and jig but the mounting plate/bracket is not available. So far the flex cable for sanding is just a picture with no near plans in site.

Again, it is great if you just want the lathe but don't count on the attachments. Most initially advertised have been dropped from all listing that I can find. Still no regrets, I can fabricate the base for the grinding jig and the jig itself is really nice.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turned a Pen!!!

This is an awesome lathe! Very quiet and smooth. I will have to get use to the variable speed I love not having to change the belt every time I want a different speed. For anyone looking to buy a new midi lathe I would suggest this one for the price. I am sure the delta and jet both have some advantages over this one but for the price I'm not sure they would be that much better. Wish I had bought this months ago! But glad I found a used one at a lesser price.

Here is my first project on this lathe. A Jr. Gent I gold with spalted maple and 10 coats of CA, mm 12000.
maple gent 3.jpg

maple gent 1.jpg

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
That looks really nice!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice piece of wood.
Almost makes me want to try a pen.........not yet. I'm still in big mode.
Dave H

1 - 14 of 14 Posts