Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a LatheMizer...a toy...eerrrrr.....attachment for my new LT 28 WoodMizer sawmill. It comes standard at 8' and I got a section comin' to stretch her out to 12. This post I made was a red pine butt log that was too big to use for legs or railings. I was burning them because I couldn't use them, but now they are any size I want them. I can put up to a 16" log on there. The head is indexed and you saw it into an octagon. Then you fire up the lathe and take 1/16 on the cut scale per pass. the band blade acts like a chisel. I'm planning on doing a few more tomorrow and I'll get some better shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is the biggest lathe I've ever seen. I seen the model of saw mill but didn't know they had that attachment. Really neat.:icon_smile:

·
johnep
2,001 Posts
lathe

Gee whiz, aint that a big one. watched discovery prog on modern sawmill and although you have not got laser centering, you can do what a mill costing half a million $ can do.

posts are always in demand and with your ability to give custom sizes should be a nice little earner.
johnep

1 - 11 of 11 Posts