Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new to me Nova Comet II midi lathe about six weeks ago and been wanting to make a stand. I have been on vacation this week and had the time to get this built. Like all of my shop projects it is made from scraps that I have on hand, as you can tell from the draw fronts. I still have to get some peg board hooks and organize that section but this gives me room to store all my lathe stuff.
The top is three layers if particle board sealed with five coats of lacquer so it has a little weight. There are two fixed casters on one end so it is somewhat portable if I need to move.

image-1141172270.jpg

·
7,222 Posts
Good job on the stand. :thumbsup:

I also like to use scraps where possible. The pieces do not have to match, it is built to be functional, and looks like it will serve your needs very well.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Dave Paine said:
Good job on the stand. :thumbsup: I also like to use scraps where possible. The pieces do not have to match, it is built to be functional, and looks like it will serve your needs very well.
Agreed. And if someday you want it to match better, try to sanding sealer followed by a stain and it'll look great as well.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts