Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished a new case for my router bits. It's from an old Freud/Wood magazine insert. I resized it to fit under my router stand, but thanks to a sweet deal on a Bench Dog cast iron router table insert it is now hanging on the wall;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Saweeeet!

Reactions: rbhicks

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
Ok, that's just about the nicest router bit cabinet I have ever seen.
Very nice indeed :thumbsup:

That reminds me of something that took place in my shop just recently. A neighbor guy down the street hears my planer running and comes over to I guess check out my little shop.
So anyways he's looking at my chop saw cabinet and he says to me.
"Why do you have to make everything so nice, it's just a saw"
Kind of struck me as weird, that someone would say that.
Then I realized, he just doesn't get it. Poor guy.

Sorry to ramble, but we get it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Very nice. I should do something like that. Mine are all sitting in their original packaging in a drawer. Sometimes I find a surprise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sanchez said:
Very nice. I should do something like that. Mine are all sitting in their original packaging in a drawer. Sometimes I find a surprise.
Thanks! That was exactly what my situation was. It seemed like the bit I was looking for was always the last one I picked up. It was on my things to do list for quite awhile. I'm glad I did it:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:-) said:
That's wonderful. What did you use for the holes? The black inserts?
Thanks! The holes are 5/8", 3/4" deep. The black inserts are 5/8-1/2" nylon snap bushings. My local hardware store was selling them for .15 each, but I found some I liked better at Fastenal (http://www.fastenal.com/web/home) for .07 each. I did need to trim some of the little bumps off the sides so they weren't too tight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Travico said:
That is too nice. So, just box it up, WITH ALL THE BITS, and ship it too me!!
lol -thanks I'd love to send it over, but you know I fastened it to the wall pretty darn good and I'm not sure where my dang screwdriver went to and all the batteries for my drill suddenly died. Not to mention the shipping...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Beautifully done an now you don't have to go searching the shop for the right bit :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Very nice!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts