Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm completely new to woodworking. Bought myself a table saw for Christmas. I have way too many projects in mind and no know how. I've also bought a few good books and think I am picking up the basics.

I do architecture for a living so that sort of ties in. I've been drawing up some plans for my ideas on AutoCAD, that's handy to have.

Take care and I'll be seeing you around the forums!

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome And Goodluck You'll Definatly Enjoy Woodworking. If You Ever Need Any Plans Or Tips And Or Advice Feel Free To Send Me A Message. Hope To Talk To You Soon. Oh And Have Fun And Be Safe With Your New Tablesaw. By The Way Are You Looking For Anymore Tools And Equiptment? If So Contact Me. John.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome!

No more equipment or tools till I get started and find a need for something. Not quite sure as to what I all need yet. So far a foresee a dado blade in my near future.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the site Scott!
Safety first is your first lesson with your new table saw.
Read your owners manual and always think through the (what could happens) before you start cutting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi everyone!
I do architecture for a living so that sort of ties in. I've been drawing up some plans for my ideas on AutoCAD, that's handy to have.
Scott
Welcome! This could be interesting:laughing: Not to be the wiseguy, but I spent 21 years trying to build stuff the architects and engineers designed and said, "It has to work....thats how it works on paper!"
This is a good thing. One who will actually be able to relate paperwork to the actual project:laughing: I'm sure your learnings will make you a better architect also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome!

Oh great, a builder that can't follow plans. Just teasing you!

I really do try to not be one of those guys. I quit an architectural firm to work for a construction company because of just that. I saw that I needed to get out on job sites and learn what was going on. So spent 5 years drawing for a construction company and going out to job sites once a week to see what problems they were having. I know what you mean about the comment, I still have to deal with those architects too. Still learning, always learning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts